Interview for UiTM Masscomm MC111 Diploma in New Media Communication and Contentpreneurship

So haritu I ada post about how I ended up choosing MC111 Diploma in New Media Communication and Contentpreneurship (MC111 Diploma Komunikasi Media Baharu dan Keusahawanan Kandungan UiTM). So now I'm going share to you guys about how I went through the Masscomm UiTM interview. The interview was at UiTM Shah Alam since I live in Shah Alam. The number of people there is just a lot. From what I heard from others the acceptance is like 3/10 from the total yang mohon. So yeah a lot of rivalry but that's mainly for the normal Masscomm (MC110). For MC111 I'm not entirely sure sebab course ni baru and not many knows about it (I'm the 4th batch). So okay I came early wearing baju kurung with all the things that I have prepared and it's a lot. I had to carry like 3 bags. 

Here's a list of what I prepared:

1. Signed and approved documents of photostated certificates, IC (mine, my parents'), birth certificate (mine, my parents') and also certificates (all including achievements and SPM etc) [yang ini sangat PENTING!!! Sebab you're interviewers akan cut off you terus dari list if you don't have this sebab it's stated in the guideline yg UiTM dah bagi]

2. I made a resume of my highest achievements during school years. (Why? So that interviewers senang nak tgk sebab diorang tak banyak masa nak belek semua sijil)

3. Original copies of the certificates, IC, birth Certificate 

4. All proofs of my work (contohnya my article that made me won a competition, the portfolio that I made during the F1 competition, etc)

   
So yeah, I prepared a lot. As they all say, "First impression is really important".

The things I brought for the interview.




It's thick. I know. (The photostated documents are more than 50 pages)
So when I got there I saw this whiteboard near the entrance yg ada list alphabet and which row. So you guys better check which row you guys are in sbb nanti bila nak beratur ambk nombor kena ikut abjad. Jangan salah beratur. So my name starts with 'W' so my line is really short and I got in fast. Siapa yg nama start dgn N or M tu mungkin kena tunggu turn utk interview sampai maghrib kalau lambat sbb ramai sangat. So beraturla awal-awal. So I dpt masuk awal and bila dah dapat nombor diorang akan suruh naik atas to take the written test dulu. Dia tanya what is Masscomm and what you can contribute to Masscomm if I'm not mistaken and this paper yg dia dah jwb akan dibaca oleh interviewer waktu interview nanti. Then pegi waiting room. The waiting room and the interview room sblah je so klau nak tahu bila korang punya turn, tunggu nombor kena panggil.

Okay when my number was called. It was nerve wrecking! Sbb before my turn yg kena interview before me ada yg kena tanya nama president, prime minister negara lain but it's considered basic knowledge.

During my turn I set up the things that I prepared and sat. So they started asking the questions. (There were 2 interviewers)
The interview is 100% ENGLISH

Here are the list of questions that I remember them asking:
1. What's your full name?
2. Tell us a bit about yourself 
3. Which course did you apply? (MC110 or MC111) 
4. Do you know what this course is about?
5. What do you know about Masscomm? 
6.
Interviewer: Why didn't you apply for TESL? Your results are good to go there. (Sbb I ada mohon TESL in my list).
Me: because I'm better at writing than speaking

5.
Interviewer: What's your highest achievement? 
Me: I won 2nd place in the F1 in Schools for Nationals and also Best Team Sponsorship and Marketing Award. My team also collaborated with the lecturers from the Engineering faculty of UiTM. We were supposed to represent the country to Abu Dhabi but didn't because of SPM. My role in the team was as the Graphic Designer so I designed the portfolio, team logo, the design on the car, merchandise and booth.
(At the interview I had to sell off myself because I have to give them good reasons for them to accept me)

6.
Interviewer: Did you design this on your own?(Referring to my portfolio that I designed- I gave it for them to see)
Me: Yes
Interviewer: What software did you use?
Me: Adobe Illustrator (diorang mcm x percaya yg I yg design that's why they asked)

7. Did you enter any public speaking competition or debate?
Me: No, but there was a 10 minute presentation with the judges during the F1 in Schools competition and there was also a booth presentation and some of the judges was from UiTM's Engineering faculty. 

8. Are you active in any sports?
Me: Yes. Running and marching.

9. Okay now we're going to ask you some basic knowledge questions. What is the name of the president/prime minister in this country...etc (I can't remember what was it). 
11. What is the name of the minister of education?
12. What is the name of the deputy Prime Minister?
13. What is the name of the Penolong Rector of UiTM?

Actually the interview was much longer but I can't recall. But I punya interview memang lagi lama dari yang lain sebab they were interested in the competition that I entered and it was in the morning. Selalunya diorang akan tanya pasal berita masa kini tapi I x kena sbb interview I dah lama sangat. Before I keluar one of the interviewers tanya: Did your parents tell you to take this course? 
Me: No they didn't. I chose it myself.
Interviewer: Diorang tak kisah ya?
Me: Haah 
Interviewer: Oooh. Okay. Good Luck.
Me: Thank you.

Memang lega sangat lepas tu. So sesiapa yg nak mohon Masscomm tu especially MC111 datanglah awal klau tak nanti kena interview 2 org skali gus. Sbb diorang nak cepatkan interview. And less time for you to impress them. Kadang2 sampai ada yg kena menyanyi or menari bila the interviewers dah bosan. Especially bila dah petang2 tu. 

I hope this helps you with the interview! I'll post more about MC111 in my next post!
(About MC111 UiTM)

So I finally made it into MC111 -  in UiTM 
Know more about my course Masscomm MC111: bit.ly/mc111uitm
My official website: wnurdayana.com
Youtube Channel: Wan Nurdayana
Blogspot: wnurdayana.blogspot.com
Contact me through: Facebook / Twitter / Instagram

Comments